History of SYTPTE M4 (OWJ 354A)
Leyland PD3 M4 (OWJ354A) was new to Doncaster Corporation in 1962 as 176 (476HDT), and upon passing to SYPTE in 1974 became 1176.
In 1977 it became a driver training vehicle allocated to Greenland Road garage, being renumbered M4, and continued in this role until 1979 where it was cut down to a recovery vehicle at Central works in Sheffield.
It was allocated to Rotherham Rawmarsh Road garage, later moving to Midland Road garage in 1982. It would be re-registered in 1986 to OWJ 354A, with its original registration being transferred to a Coachline vehicle. In 1994 it would be renumbered 9004, and finally in early 1999, by then under Firstbus ownership was withdrawn from service and sold for preservation in the Blackpool area. It was kept in 'as withdrawn' condition and has recently changed ownership and is now back in South Yorkshire.
Owner - Mr D.Sentance