History of SYPTE 1534 (PWE534R)
PWE534R is a Leyland Fleetline with Alexander H45/29D bodywork. It was new to the SYPTE in May 1977 as one of a batch of 31 identical vehicles. It operated in Sheffield until 1990, when it was sold with almost all of the remainder of the batch of buses to Midland Fox. It was sold for preservation, initially in the Leicester area, to be restored as a Midland Fox vehicle, after a period of time the bus changed hands and was sold for continued preservation back ‘home’ in Sheffield. It has changed hands a few more times since and has received some restoration. At this moment in time it is about 50% through its restoration, with one side having been repanelled. As seems to be the case with all Fleetlines, it will need attention to the chassis before it returns to the road. The bus had been owned by the SYTT for a few years and we are happy to report that as of July 2017 a former SYPTE fitter has taken this bus on with a view to him completing the restoration.