History of SYPTE 1075 (FWA475V)
FWA475V is a Leyland National 2 which was delivered in April 1980 to the SYPTE’s Doncaster depot. When new, It was employed on the 160 Inner circle route, linking the towns North and South bus stations and Markets. Upon withdrawal from service, it was sold onto Isle Coaches, Owston Ferry, who used the vehicle for many years, on both service and contract work. It was a regular performer on the 399 service from Doncaster to Scunthorpe.
It was initially sold for preservation in the St Helens area, where it was rallied for a few seasons, before making its way over to Sheffield, for continued preservation. It has been sold on a few more times, with the new owner returning the vehicle to the road, after remedial work to the alternator and the exhaust system. The plan is to carry out further restoration to the bodywork and repaint the vehicle in SYT livery, that it carried between 1986 and 1990. 1075 is in remarkably original condition, particularly on the interior. The bus was also one of the ‘Kneeling Nationals’, another of the SYPTE’s innovations, hence the red font bumper.